Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Late Night Practice

For the past few months sleep has not come easy for Becky and myself. If it's not her getting up to go to the bathroom, it's me. The past couple of nights I have had a headache and have been unable to get any good sleep. It seems that just when I get comfortable and am about to go off to sleep, Becky has to roll over or move, and suddenly I am right back awake. This does work both ways, because I do the exact same thing to her. It sure would be nice if we could get our moving and rolling to sync up, but most likely we won't.

I am thinking that this is God's little way of getting us ready for the sleep deprivation that is sure to come with the birth of Will. I suppose that we could be grateful for God preparing us in this way, but it's hard to be grateful at three in the morning when you're wide awake, and your wife is getting up to go pee for the tenth time because your unborn son is tap dancin' all over her bladder, and now that you think about it you kinda need to pee too, but you don't want to get up because getting up would be admitting that you are awake, but you decide to get up because it's better than the alternative of wetting the bed, so you're up and you pass your wife in the hall with a grunt as she returns to bed, and of course as soon as she gets comfortable you return from the bathroom just in time to get back in bed and wake her up with your movement.
I can't wait until tonight.

No comments: