Sunday, February 10, 2008

Becky Back Home

Well, Becky got released from the hospital today. It has been a L O N G 11 days. As you now know Will arrived on Wednesday a full five weeks earlier than anticipated. I guess he heard how great his momma and daddy are and just could not wait to get here. It has truly be an exercise in trust, faith, and patience. God has really used this situation to change my prayers. I began to pray more and more not that God would do "this or that", but that He would change my heart to be ready and able to accept his plans. There was definatly a fear that kept poking its head in my way, but Beck and I knew that God was and is big enough and powerful enough to heal and protect.
Will is still in the NICU, but is doing great. They say that he is ahead of where he "should" be. He was born with a fighters spirit, and Beck and I both agree that he must have no idea that he is small. I had a friend say to me the other day "can you believe how much you love him?" She is so completly right. There is no word to describe how much you instantly love your child. As we were finishing up the relase paper work today, a lady came in and gave Will a new testament bible as a gift from the chaplin service. She told us that if we would like we could have someone "bless us and our child" Beck and I both know she has the absolute best intentions, but I could not help saying how blessed the three of us already are. Thank you all for your continued prayers and love. Keep praying that Will grows quickly, so he can come home soon.

No comments: